Affordable Website Hosting with Great Technical Support
At its most basic, a website hosting provider stores the files that make up your website, and reliably connects them to the Internet so your constituents can see your site. Good providers specialize in website hosting, with dozens or hundreds of servers, all protected by carefully designed security, climate, power, and backup systems to ensure that your site stays up and running. Icon Website Design, LLC offers an innovative, private, secure and backed-up server for our clients to use during the majority of our web projects as well as moving forward after completion.
Your 15-Year-Old Nephew is Not a Legitimate Hosting Provider!
While it’s technically possible to host a website on any computer with a permanent connection to the Internet, it’s rarely a good idea. Letting one of your IT staff, a board member, a family member with limited technical knowledge, or an acquaintance be the one to host your site from his or her closet or garage may seem like a good way to save money, but it’s seldom worth the risk. Power outages, crashes, hackers, and even well-meaning staff can all take your site offline for hours — or even days. In other words, website hosting is best left to the professionals, who can offer a variety of safeguards: high-quality, backup Internet connections; emergency power generators; reliable backup systems; strong firewalls; the ability to accommodate sudden spikes in the traffic to your site; and a lot of experience troubleshooting Web servers.
Icon Website Design, LLC offers website hosting for all of its clients. Our company owns its own dedicated server located at the Ubiquity Servers Dallas, Texas Data Center. This means that we own our personal set of computers on location that are used solely for our company’s business, and we are provided professional on-site tech support 24/7.
Here are some of the many amazing features that the Dallas, Texas Data Center operated by Ubiquity provides:
- SAS70 Type II facility
- Security Systems with strict sign-in protocol for authorized personnel only
- Keycard authentication in man trap
- Camera systems in place both internal and external
- 24-hour onsite staffing of NOC
- Power Systems
- Redundant A,B,C,D power backup available via four 750 KVA UPS systems
- Three 1.5 MW Cummins generators with load bank testing
- 14,400 volt main electrical service
- Four 500-ton Trane chillers
- Twenty 30-ton Liebert air handling units
- Ice storage system with 46 ice storage tanks
- Dual water mains with diverse entries
- Abundant chilled water capacity at 2(N) redundancy
- Lightning protection systems
- Pre-action dry pipe fire detection and suppression
- Network Configuration
- Redundant Brocade XMR 8000 Edge Routing
- Full router redundancy – 3 switch fabrics, multiple line cards, 2x management modules
- Brocade SuperX Distribution Layer Switching (N+1 redundant)
- Cisco Catalyst 2950 and 3750 access switches (redundancy optional)
- Fully meshed and redundant network connectivity to the Ubiquity Network!
A professional outside hosting service such as the Ubiquity Servers dedicated server used by our team here at Icon Website Design can provide the critical infrastructure and safeguards that few nonprofits can afford. Though not the cheapest website hosting service available on the market, this secure and proven option of hosting via Icon will offer you peace of mind — after all, it is worth a small investment to know your Web site is up and running when donors or constituents are looking for it. Consistent reliable website hosting through Icon Website Design is imperative to your online success.